Cookies Policy for mitsuoka-motor.co.uk
Additional data is only stored if volunteered by you, such as when you provide information through a test drive request.
Cookies can’t harm your computer and we take the selection of all the third-party suppliers who may set cookies for marketing purposes very seriously.
To help you understand the types of cookies we use (or those which may be used by third parties on our site), we have categorised the cookies in relation to their functionality. These four categories are:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
2. Performance Cookies
3. Functionality Cookies
4. Targeting Cookies
A detailed description for each of the different cookies is set out below.
Consent and Browser Settings
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
If you enter mitsuoka-motor.co.uk but choose not to alter the cookie settings, we will take this to mean that you are happy with the default settings (which allow all types of cookies to be used).
You may find that disabling cookies means certain areas of the site do not function correctly and we cannot guarantee access to all the services we provide through our website and it may mean some of the website features become disabled. Also, if you delete all of your cookies, or use a different device to access our website, you may have to choose your preferences again. Even with all cookies disabled, a tiny amount of information will continue to be retrieved from your web browser. This information is necessary for the basic functioning of our website.
To find more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookies used on mitsuoka-motor.co.uk have been categorised based on the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary cookies are essential to let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas, and applying for finance. These cookies allow our website to provide services at your request.
These cookies don’t gather any information that could be used for marketing to you or remember your preferences/ID, other than for your current session.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
- Identify you as being logged on to this website
- Remember previous actions when navigating between different pages on this website
- Remember things like service selections you have made which allow us to provide you with the services you have requested
- Identify you as being logged in to and members sections within mitsuoka-motor.co.uk
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website.
Cookies we consider to be Strictly Necessary:
|Cookie||Host||1st / 3rd Party|
Category 2: Performance Cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit most often, and if you experience any error messages. They also allow us to update our website to improve performance and tailor it to your preferences.
These cookies will not be used to target adverts to you on other websites.
Performance cookies are used to:
- Provide statistics on how this website is used (including selections that you have made and goods and services that you have viewed, during your use of this website).
- Gather non-user specific data about the usage on this website and provide statistics about how this website is used.
- Provide and track the effectiveness of videos embedded in this website.
- Test different designs on our website.
- Ask for visitor feedback and suggestions for selected areas of our websites.
- Measure calls from our website including which number the user called.
Where our performance cookies are managed by third parties, we don’t allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Cookies we consider to be Performance cookies:
|Cookie||Host||1st / 3rd Party|
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Our blog is powered by WordPress. These cookies are used to verify if you are logged in, to maintain comments and subscriptions to follow-up comments. We will not use functionality cookies to target you with adverts on other websites.
Where our functionality cookies are managed by third parties, we don’t allow them to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
As the name suggests, if you choose not to allow these cookies, the functionality of our Blog may be affected. It is also possible that by not permitting these cookies, our website won’t be able to remember some of the specific services you have chosen.
Cookies we consider to be Functionality cookies:
|Cookie||Host||1st / 3rd Party|
Category 4: Targeting Cookies
Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. They also measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Targeting cookies are used to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites.
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in.
- All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties’ own tools to prevent these cookies.
Cookies we consider to be Targeting cookies:
|Cookie||Host||1st / 3rd Party|
Please note: T W White & Sons Ltd reserves the right to introduce at any time alterations in specification, equipment, prices and offers. All specifications shown may vary.
The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to T W White & Sons, and any personal data collected during your dealings with us are processed according to the legal provisions valid for the UK. Our web site may include links to other sites whose content is not under our control and T W White & Sons cannot accept any responsibility for the content within these web sites.
Collecting and processing personal data
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at mitsuoka-motor.co.uk. We use the information to deal with enquiries, handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us.
We also use this information to improve our offering, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our branches, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from mitsuoka-motor.co.uk if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please opt out by using the process described below.
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources, such as car manufacturers and add it to our account information.
Use and disclosure of personal data and purpose specification
T W White & Sons Ltd will use any personal information collected for customer administration and marketing related purposes including customer support and to inform you about new products and services. Your data will be treated in accordance with current Data Protection legislation and will only be disclosed to:
- Our employees insofar as they need to know such information in order to provide the Service and related membership benefits to you
- Any commercial organisation directly employed by us to manage a campaign, promotional activity and / or customer support
- Other members of our “Group” (if any) which for the purposes of this Privacy Statement shall mean any company or other entity in which we own more than 15% of the issued share capital
- Regulators such as Ofcom, mobile phone operators and Law enforcement agencies.
Freedom of choice
We should like to use your data to inform you about our products and services and where applicable request your opinion. Naturally your participation is completely voluntary.
Opt out / STOP
You may opt out at any time from the Services and/or opt out from receiving further communications from us by sending an email to email@example.com with your name and mobile number / email address and the words “STOP” as the subject heading.
Transfering your information and security
T W White & Sons uses technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons.
We use every reasonable endeavour to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose. Communications by email or telephone are not secure unless encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control. We reserve the right, where reasonable to do so and in connection with the provision of our services, to transfer your personal information to other members of our Group or third party service providers with whom we work including any that may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as in the EEA and where this is the case we will exercise all reasonable endeavours to ensure your privacy rights are respected.
We want to provide you with a first class service. We appreciate from time to time, even though we use every reasonable effort, a problem may arise. In such an eventuality, we want you to feel that you can contact us for a full and complete response. You can contact us on 01932 359888 or write to TW White & Sons with their registered office.
T W White & Sons Ltd Company Registered Number: 997024 242 Lower Rd, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 4DE